Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Today is the day for you to say... I LOVE ME!

"It takes a little courage, and a little self-control. And some grim determination, If you want to reach the goal. It takes a great deal of striving, and a firm and stern-set chin. No matter what the battle, if you really want to win, there's no easy path to glory. There is no road to fame. Life, however we may view it, Is no simple parlor game; But its prizes call for fighting, For endurance and for grit; For a rugged disposition that will not quit." 
Navy SEAL Masterchief 



This is one of my favorite quotes! It simply says that with hard work and determination ANYTHING is possible... But, YOU must be willing to work hard and push through the tough times you face to win in the end. As I've said before, my journey was not an easy one by any means. There were tears, moments of feeling sorry for myself, shame, guilt, unhappiness, failure, the "I CAN'T DO IT" attitude, and the days that I wanted to eat everything in site and lay on the couch to watch Real housewives of Orange County reruns! BUT... like the quote says... "But its prizes call for fighting, for endurance and for grit; For a rugged disposition that will not quit." And that is exactly what I did. I fought through the battles I struggled with and endured the tough times to WIN IN THE END! 


It is now YOUR turn to WIN, WIN, WIN! Whatever your battle may be, fight through it! We are only as tough as we prove to be... So prove your worth to the most important person. You! We are all so very special, but we are only as special as we make ourselves feel. Self worth is so important to living a happy life. First, you must realize how important you are, what you must do to make you your professional and personal best, make the right choices in living a healthy life, learn to know that we do make mistakes and THAT'S OKAY because tomorrow is a new day, and most importantly- live everyday to the absolute fullest. 


It doesn't matter what size you wear or the number that is on the scale. At the end of the day, if you are taking care of your body and living a healthy lifestyle... That's what counts the most. We should never compare ourselves to others. God made each and everyone of us different and that's what makes us so special. For example, one of your friends may be stick thin, eats healthy and gets the same physical activity as you, but you are not exactly stick thin like he/she... That's fine! Because you are taking care of your body, that is all that matters and you must realize that you will never be the same as the next person, but that should make you love yourself even more to know that you are so special that you don't look the same as someone else. How boring would life be if we were all the same? Think of it that way! 


This is one thing I had to realize before entering the Miss SC pageant. I had to realize that some of the girls I was competing against were naturally thin and fit. I had to process that I wasn't going to look the same as any of the girls, because once again, we are all different. But, as I reached my goal I then began to realize that WOW! This is me, I achieved this body through hard work, perseverance, and dedication! I was extremely happy with myself and I'm not afraid to say.. I LOVE ME! I can proudly say that because I changed my life, no one else but me. I loved myself so much that I didn't ever want to look back and say "If only I had taken care of my body..." or "I'm unhealthy because I was to stubborn to make a change." 


Now, I want you to evaluate your own self. How much are you worth? The answer should be "I'm worth more than anything!" You should love yourself! Never feel bad for caring, loving, and knowing yourself! So I challenge you today to say out loud in the mirror, "I love myself, I'm worth it, and I will take care of my body." 




****I also have this thing where I give myself a fresh food of the day to work with! I will do the same for you all! Today, my fresh food is: Red onion!
So today, I will make something with fresh red onions incorporated into it! I'm thinking fresh vegetables skewers! YUM! Share with me what you did with red onion or what your fresh food of the day was and how you incorporated it into your meal! I'd love to hear!****


Many blessings and success to you!

No comments: